I made a quick and easy beef and broccoli with quinoa the other day and decided to share the recipe with you guys. I pretty much followed the Honey Beef and Broccoli recipe from the Food Net work but added my own spin on it aka Sriracha and red peppers.
Ingredients1 lb sirloin
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (I used flower because I didnt have cornstarch)
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons cooking sherry
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used grape seed oil)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut onion, red peppers, and beef into thin strips (beef should be bite size).
- Add two tbl oil to hot pan or wok.
- When oil is hot and swirly, add garlic and onions. Cook two minutes or until onion is lightly browned.
- Add florets and cook two minutes.
- Add sirloin and stir fry until cooked through. Don't overcook or florets will be mushy!
- Meanwhile, Combine sherry, cornstarch and soy.
- Turn heat off and drizzle honey all over stir fry. Add soy mixture and stir.(and add Sriracha to taste)
- Stir in red pepper.
I also pre-seasoned the steak with onion powder, fresh black pepper, and sea salt. Which I think it really needs or the meat would've have been kind of on the bland side.
For the quinoa I washed the quinoa and cooked it according to the directions. However, instead of water I boil my quinoa in chicken stock for added flavor.